CHILD SAFE STANDARDS
New Rules Now Apply to Victorian Sports 2017
MILDURA SQUASH INC.
From 1 January 2017, the Victorian Child Safety Standards will apply to sporting organisations that operate and provide sporting services to children within Victoria (including National Sporting Organisations).
There are seven different requirements which make up the standards, and with which sports will be required to comply.
The standards relate to child protection within your organisation and include requirements to have practices, procedures and policies in place.
Mildura Squash Inc. through this page and supporting documentation will look to keep, our Members, Volunteers, Parent and Participants informed of these New Child Safe Standards 2017 and is a source of information in relation to our policies and procedures relating to the New Child Safe Standards in effect.
The 7 Child Safe Standards
Standards are flexible and principle based: --
- Strategies to embed an organisational culture of child safety, including through effective leadership arrangements
- A child safe policy or statement of commitment to child safety
- A code of conduct that establishes clear expectations for appropriate behaviour with children
- Screening, supervision, training and other human resources practices that reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing personnel
Processes for responding to and reporting suspected child abuse
- Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
- Strategies to promote the participation and empowerment of children.
MILDURA SQUASH INC. COMMITTEE, MEMBERS, VOLUNTEERS, PARENTS AND PARTICIPANTS STATEMENT OF COMMITTMENT 2017:
Mildura Squash Inc. is adopting a New Child Safe Standards framework which is about making sure that our members, volunteers and associated community, and the children involved in our club/sport know and are aware of the policies and procedures put in place by Mildura Squash Inc. to keep children safe.
Mildura Squash Inc., Committee Members, Volunteers, Members, Parents and Participants will show we have a zero tolerance for child abuse in any form. That we have systems in place to protect our children, so that they feel safe and supported whether they have a disability or are from culturally diverse backgrounds.All Members / Volunteers of the Mildura Squash Inc. will have to abide by the Child Safe Code of Conduct 2017 and the relating use of the Image Consent Form 2017 as part of these new laws coming into effect.
Mildura Squash Inc. sincerely appreciates the effort we all put in to make sure our sport Child Safe and that we are compliant with these new rules and regulations taking effect as of January 1 2017.
* Please use the Related Documentation Tabs and Links as a Source of Information and Guidance regarding the New Child Safe Standards and how Mildura Squash Inc. is working to ensure we comply with these standards.